- 1. SALIENT FEATURES OF CLONING VECTORS
a. Types of cloning vectors
b. Plasmids, cosmids, Yeast cloning vectors
c. Animal viruses, Ti plasmids .
a Structural and functional organization of plasmids
b. Plasmid replication
c. Stringent and relaxed plasmids
d. Incompatibility of plasmid maintenance
- 3. GENE MODIFICATION & APPLICATION OF RECOMBINANT DNA TECHNOLOGY
a. Mutagenesis-Deletion mutagenesis, Oligonucleotide derived mutagenesis, Site directed mutagenesis
b. Applications of rDNA technology in Diagnostics
c. Molecular probes (Production, labelling and uses)
- 4. ENZYMES IN GENETIC ENGINEERING
a. DNA polymerase, polynucleotide kinase, T4 DNA ligase
b. Nick translation system
c. Terminal deoxynucleotidy1 transferase, Reverse transcriptase, Restriction endonucleases Type I & II.
Genomic and cDNA libraries, screening methods for gene libraries;
Southern and Northern blotting;
Potentials of recombinant DNA technology; PCR; production of proteins,transgenic organisms and gene therapies
1. Basic Biotechnology. C. R. Attedge, and B. Kristiansen, 2001. Cambridge University Press, U.K.
2. A Manual of Basic Technique. Freshney, R. Ian. 2000. Alan R. Liss, Inc., New York.
3. Application of Microbes in Biotechnology. Lee, Y.K. & C.L. Poh and H. M. Tan.1999. Springer-verlag.
biology of bacteriophage lambda
enzymes in genetic engineering
Book Title : Basic Biotechnology
Author : C. R. Attedge, and B. Kristiansen
Publisher : Cambridge University Press
Book Title : A Manual of Basic Technique
Author : Freshney, R. Ian.
Publisher : Inc., New York
Title : restriction enzymes
Type : Presentation
View restriction enzymes