Systematic sampling. Estimation of mean, total and variance. Systematic sampling under stratification. Comparison of systematic, stratified and random sampling for population with linear trend.
Cluster sampling. Estimation of mean, total and variance for single-stage cluster sampling. Cost function. Sampling with probability proportional to size (PPS) with replacement.
Two-stage sampling Estimation of mean, total and variance. Both stages with equal probability. First stage PPS (with replacement) and second stage with equal probability. Both stages with probability proportional to size and with replacement. Basic concept of double sampling.
Sampling and non-sampling errors and their sources.
Concept building, Ability to apply systematic, cluster and two-phase sampling designs in different situations to solve real world problems. Students will be able to understand how different types of estimators in two phase sampling works and can check their precision.
Course Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course, students should be able:
• To apply the Systematic Sampling (SS) and Cluster Sampling (CS) methods.
• To Express sample selection process on SS and CS methods
• To Estimates the parameters using SS method and to applies SS method to strata
• To Estimates the parameters for equal and unequal cluster sizes
• To know how to use two phase sampling to collect information and to apply the Ratio and Regression Estimation methods.
Cluster, Multiphase & Multistage Sampling (Sampling - Research) - Examrace by Examrace
Ratio and regression estimators by Armando Teixeira-Pinto
Double Sampling by Total Quality Management - I
Book Title : Elements of Survey Sampling
Author : Ravindra SinghNaurang Singh Mangat
Edition : 1996 ed.
Publisher : Springer, Dordrecht
No Information Yet