I. Definitions and nature of Political Science
Scope and utility of the study of Political Science
Relationship with other social sciences
2. State; Elements, Definition, Difference between State and Society, Difference between State and Government, Islamic Concept of State
3. Sovereignty; Definition, Kinds, Characteristics, Monistic and Pluralistic Concepts of Sovereignty, Islamic Concept of Sovereignty
4. Law; Definition, Kinds, Sources, Law and Morality, Rule of Law, Islamic Concept of Law
5. Rights and Duties; Definition, Kinds, Human Rights, Focus on the UN Declaration of Human Rights, Islamic Concept of Rights and Duties
6. Liberty; Definition, Kinds, Safeguards of Liberty, Law, and Liberty
Course description: This course aims at developing among students the basic knowledge about the core concept of political science. It also aims to inculcate the capability among the students to analyze the situation at a broader level. This course mainly focuses on the approaches to studying the political phenomenon. It also highlights the importance of concepts such as state, sovereignty, law, and liberty.
Course Learning Outcomes
By studying this course students would learn the analytical skills which would help them to observe the certain phenomenon in society and to generalize their observations and experiments.
Definitions and nature of Political Science Scope and utility of the study of Political Science , Approaches
Book Title : Theory and Practice in Political Science,
Author : Mazher ul Haq,
Edition : 1996
Publisher : Lahore Bookland