LAHORE COLLEGE FOR WOMEN UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF PAKISTAN STUDIES
BS (4Years) Program
Course Title: Political System in Pakistan I
Course Code: Maj/Pak. St-203
Credits Hours: 3(3+0)
The course seeks to educate the students about the nature of political system in Pakistan the objective of this paper is to introduce the students to different forms of government and working of different organs of the organs of the government. The course covers the main features merits and demerits of different forms of government and the functioning of different organs of the government. It will be helpful for the students to have a better understanding of the courses which they will study in next semesters.
The students will learn about the political system of Pakistan. The course will enable students to understand the politics of Pakistan.
Politics and Political System
• Meaning, Definition
Forms of Government
• The way governments are structured (Dictatorship, Democracy, Parliamentary, Presidential, Federal and Unitary)
Organs of Government
• Legislature: Organization, Powers and Functions
• Executive: Kinds and Functions
• Judiciary: Structure, Functions, Independence of Judiciary, Judicial Review
• Dr. Mazhar-ul-Haq, “Principles of Political Science”, Lahore: Bookland.
• Khan, Hamid, Political and Constitutional History of Pakistan, Karachi: Oxford Press
• Mehmood, Safder, Foundation of Pakistan, Lahore
• Shafaqt, Saeed, Political System of Pakistan and Public Policy, Lahore: Progressive Publisher, 1989
• J A. Garner ,Political Science and Government, Oxford Press
Paper Political System is actually based on the Forms and Functions of Political system in Pakistan. To give awareness and inculcate knowledge about the state, politics, and Political parties of Pakistan. Legislatures and the judiciary will be taught in detail to give knowledge about the rule of law and the implementation of these organs' policies of the state.
Course Learning Outcomes
Students will be aware of the state and politics of Pakistan. Students will be well equipped with the information related to political parties and Their functions towards the state. Students will be informed about the judiciary and executive of the state.
No Information Yet
No Information Yet