• Approaches and Perspective of Public Administration
• Institutional Context of Public Administration in Pakistan: Colonial legacy, State, Government, Society.
• Public Administration in Islamic perspective: Principles of governance in Islam
• Structure and functioning of government of Pakistan: Federal, Provincial and District/Local Administration in Pakistan.
• Constitutional Framework of Public Administration in Pakistan:Principles of State Policy, Principal Executives of Pakistan, Distribution of Power
• Planning:Overview about panning and Planning in the public sector of Pakistan.
• Decision Making:Incremental Model, Adjudicatory Model, Mixed-Scanning Approach, Decision Making in Pakistan
• Management of Human Resources: Evolution of public personnel administration, Human Resource Management in the public sector of Pakistan.
• Budgeting and Finance: Budgetary Process, Budgeting and Finance in Pakistan.
• Accountability and Control Mechanism: Overview of accountability and control, Administrative Control & accountability and their mechanism in Pakistan, Brief survey on Administrative reforms.
• Bureaucracy and Civil services: Evolution, Functioning, Reforms in Pakistan
• Elements of Effective Governance and Administration: Elements of good governance, State of Governance in Pakistan.
The objective of this course is to provide an understanding of the application of Management concepts in public sector particularly with reference to Pakistan by understanding the core functional areas of public administration; such as organization structure, management of human resources, fiscal management, public policy analysis and evaluation both theoretically and with particular reference to Pakistan. Furthermore, this course will help students in development and enlargement of analytical abilities with respect to public administration in Pakistan
Course Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course, the expected outcomes in the form of learning of students are:
• Understanding of the practical application of the concepts with reference to Pakistan;
• Understanding and critically analyzing and evaluating the concepts studied in Public Administration;
• Ability to align the concepts (read in books or any other reference material) with the practical world.
Budget making process in Pakistan
Budget and Financial Management
Approaches to Public Administration
Scope and Significance of Public Administration 1
Scope and Significance of Public Administration 2
Managerial Perspective of Public Administration
Political Perspective of Public Administration
Legal Perspective of Public Administration
Fiscal Perspective of Public Administration
Local government (Devolution of Power)
Islamic perspective of Public Administration
Islamic perspective and civil services of Pakistan
Criticism on Bureaucracy
History and legacy of Public Administration
FBR and Recruitment in civil services of Pakistan
FBR and Recruitment in civil services of Pakistan (continued)
Criticism of Bureaucracy 1
Federal Government in Pakistan
Decision making models (Rational and Incremental model)
Book Title : Public Administration in South Asia: India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan
Author : Meghna Sabharwal and Evan M. Berman (2013).
Edition : Latest
Publisher : CRC press
Book Title : Public Administration with special reference to Pakistan
Author : Sultan Khan
Edition : Latest
Publisher : Famous books
Title : Structure and organization of government
Type : Presentation
View Structure and organization of government
Title : Constitution of Pakistan
Type : Other
View Constitution of Pakistan
Title : Public Administration Notes of VU
Type : Reference Book
View Public Administration Notes of VU