I. Introduction to Remote Sensing
II. History and development
III. Concepts and Foundation of Remote Sensing
i. Satellite Remote Sensing
ii. Types of Satellite and platforms
iii. Image products
iv. Image Analysis
IV. Techniques for visual interpretation
i. Instruments Setup for Visual Interpretation
ii. Quantitative Analysis of Image
V. Applied Remote Sensing in a Perspective
i. Visual Interpretation of Satellite Images
VI. Remote Sensing in Environmental Monitoring
ii. Hazard assessment
VII. Land Use and Land Cover Mapping for Conservation and Land Use Planning Case Studies for example:
• Northern Area of Pakistan
• Area around Islamabad
• Mirpur/Mangla Dam
• Karachi Urban area
Introduction to labs, Single band image interpretation, true and false colour predictions, false colour composite images interpretation. Visual interpretation of aerial photographs
This course is designed:
• To introduce how earth's surface features are recorded from aircraft and satellites and different ways these images can be analyzed.
• To enable student to understand common remote sensing products such as, earth resources satellite images, aerial photographs.
• To make them understand about the ground truthing process based on GPS and other topographical maps.
Course Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, the student will be:
• Adapted in concept of remote sensing/history and Developmental field
• Create specification of satellite images
• Have Interpretation skills through human visions/elements
• To detect environmental issues and land use/land cover
Historical Background of Remote Sensing
Remote Sensing Basic
Basic, Gis, RS and GPS
Principles of Remote sensing
Introduction of Google Earth
Digitization on Google Earth
image Downloading From google Earth
GPS working Mechanism
Elements of visual interpretation
Book Title : An Introduction to the Study of Map Projections
Author : Robinson, A. N.
Edition : 11th
Publisher : London, University of PressLondon
Book Title : Cartography: Visualization of Spatial Data
Author : Kraak, M.J.
Publisher : Longman, Harlow
Book Title : Introduction to Remote Sensing
Author : Campbell, James B.
Publisher : The Guilford Press
Book Title : Computer Processing of Remotely Sensed Images
Author : Mather, P.M.
Publisher : John Wiley and Sons