1. Feminist Research
2.1 Definition and historical background:
2.2 What is feminist research and how it differs from other social science researches
2.3 Theoretical background; need for feminist research
2. Epistemological understanding
1.1 Positivist paradigm
1.2 Interpretative paradigm,
1.3 Critical paradigm,
1.4 Feminist paradigm (Androcentrism, Ontology, Social Constructivism)
3. Feminist Research Design
3.1 Case studies design
3.2 Historical research design
4. Feminist Research methods
4.2 Women’s autobiographies and narratives
4.3 Oral history
4.4 Archival data
4.5 Focus-group discussions
4.6 Content analysis
4.7 In-depth interviews
5.1 Thematic analysis
5.3 Grounded Theory
The course will help the students to understand core concepts related to methods of gender and development research. It will develop deep insight about the formulation of various research designs. This course not only covers the basic research concepts but also the advance methods and analysis. The course will cover all the data collection methods in detail along with construction of various tools. All the components involve in presenting the results and outcomes are covered in this course which will help students to compile their research data and findings in a very comprehensive way. On the whole this course in an excellent blend of theory and application.
Introducing basic and advance concepts and methods of gender and development research.
Course Learning Outcomes
• To develop understanding of the basic framework of research process.
• To develop an understanding of various research designs and techniques.
• To identify various sources of information for literature review and data collection
• To understand how data is gathered (tools like questionnaire, interview schedules etc) and analyzed (scores, scales,
• To interpret the findings of quantitative research.
Interpretation of research data
Writing a Research Report
How to write a Research Report
Book Title : Investigating The Social World
Author : Russell Schutt
Edition : 7th
Publisher : SAGE Publications, Inc.