This course will give the students an insight into the basic principles of scientific research. Students will further be sensitized with the methods, techniques and other relevant concepts to investigate the media related phenomena in contemporary society. Outline:
• Meaning, Characteristics and Objective of Social Research.
• Types of Research and Ethics of Research.
• Meanings and Objective of Mass Media Research,
• Approaches of Social Research.
a) Positivist Approach
b) Interpretive Approach
c) Critical Approach
• The Research Process.
• Element of Research
• Research question
• Measurement Levels and scale
• Sampling and Its techniques.
• Reliability and Validity
• Research Method.
• Content Analysis Method
• In-depth Interviews
• Focus Group
• Case Studying Method
• Proposal Writing,
Course Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to
1. Provide an overview of the research process
2. State clearly their research problem and associated research questions arising, including both descriptive and either explanatory or exploratory questions
3. Prepare a mini-dissertation research proposal
4. Prepare a research plan
Class 1 Notes for SEM 7 Section A Class of UZMA ALEEM
OBJECTIVES OF SOCIAL RESEARCH
REFERENCE BOOK for RESEARCH BS level students of UZMA ALEEM
REFERENCE BOOK Research for BS from UZMA ALEEM
No Information Yet