Heterocyclic Compounds : Nomenclature of simple heterocyclic structures containing oxygen, nitrogen and Sulphur in five and six member rings. The chemistry of, pyrrole, pyridine and their aromatic character.
An Introduction to Spectroscopy: Spectroscopic Methods: Infrared & ultraviolet spectroscopy, structure elucidation of different organic compounds by spectroscopic techniques.
Chemistry of the Amino Group: Structure of aliphatic and aromatic pri, sec, ter, amines. Properties, bacisity, neucleoplicity, Synthesis and reactions of amines. Diazonium salts: preparation and their synthetic applications.
- To develop an ability to reasonably utilize the spectroscopic techniques (FTIR and UV-Visible) for future research assignments.
- To learn the naming rules of Five and six member heterocylces, amines
- To know about the physical, chemical characteristics and methods of preparation of Five and six member heterocylces, amines and carbohydrates
Course Learning Outcomes
It is expected that at the end of this course students will be able :
-to interpret the structure of organic molecules using these spectroscopic techniques
- to name the title organic molecules according to IUPAC system
- to recall reagents and predict products for given set of reaction.
UV spectrophotometry working
Book Title : Introduction to Spectroscopy
Author : Donald L Pavia, Gary M. Lampman, George S. Kriz, and James R. Vyvyan
Edition : 5th
Publisher : Cengage learning