I. Definitions and nature of Political Science; Scope and utility of the study of Political Science
Relationship with other social sciences
2. State; Elements, Definition, Difference between State and Society,Difference between State and Government,Islamic Concept of State
3. Sovereignty, Definition, Kinds, Characteristics, Monistic and Pluralistic Concepts of Sovereignty, Islamic Concept of Sovereignty
4. Law; Definition, Kinds, Sources, Law and Morality, Rule of Law, Islamic Concept of Law
5. Rights and Duties, Definition, Kinds, Human Rights, Focus on UN Declaration of Human Rights, Islamic Concept of Rights and Duties
6. Liberty; Definition, Kinds, Safeguards of Liberty, Law, and Liberty
This course aims at developing among students the basic knowledge about the core concept of political science. It also aims to inculcate the capability among the students to analyze the situation at a broader level. This course mainly focuses on the approaches to studying the political phenomenon. It also highlights the importance of concepts such as state, sovereignty, law, and liberty.
Course Learning Outcomes
The purpose of this course is to impart knowledge to the students and create awareness regarding the basic concepts of political science.
No Information Yet
Book Title : Political Concepts: A Reader and Guide, , 2005.
Author : Ian Mackenzi (Ed.)
Edition : 2005
Publisher : Edinburgh, University Press
Title : Political Science Relation with other Social Sciences
Type : Presentation
View Political Science Relation with other Social Sciences
Title : Introduction to Political Science, scope and utility of the study of Political Science, Approaches
Type : Other
View Introduction to Political Science, scope and utility of the study of Political Science, Approaches
Title : Political Science: Theory and Practice
Type : Curriculum Book
View Political Science: Theory and Practice