Transmission Systems including PDH and SDH, Synchronization, Routing techniques, Line Encoding Techniques (e.g. HDB3, 2B1Q) ,Types of Switching, Review of switching technologies, Circuit, Message and Packet Switching, Digital Telephone Network basics including packet based networks , Telecommunication Network (PSTN, PLMN), Next generation network based protocols ,Exchanges Hierarchy, Basic functions of a Circuit base and Packet base Digital Switching Exchanges, SPC, Software Structure of SPC Digital Switches, Telecommunications Traffic and models including characterization of PABX and Public exchange traffic, GOS, BHCA, Network Traffic Load and Parameters, Basic functions of typical digital switching exchanges software structure of SPC digital switches, Line Codes for Fiber Optic Transmission, Routing techniques, Software life cycle, Channel SS7 signaling components ,Iintelligent Networks Associated Signaling (CAS) and Common Channel Signaling (CCS) ,SS 7 Signaling call flow problems and troubleshooting.
• Provide an in-depth investigation of fundamental Telecommunication Engineering concepts, terminology and standards.
• This course provides an introduction to the techniques of design, implementation, and analysis of telecommunications networks.
• This course provides the students with the basic understanding of the concepts and principles of, transmission Systems, optical fiber communications, public switched telephone networks, teletraffic engineering, digital transmission system standards, network planning and principle of digital switching systems.
• Public and private telecommunication networks will be examined.
• Overview of Telecommunication Industry Trends in Pakistan, regulatory bodies, major
telecommunication operators, major telecommunication services and activities
• On completion of the course, the students will be able to apply the knowledge and principles to analyze, design, install and manage typical wired and wireless communication systems and networks in Telecommunication industry.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Acquire the basic knowledge of Transmission and switching used in telecommunication network.
2. Understand transmission, switching, access network, MUX standards, switching modes, telecom networks, exchange hierarchy, signaling, telecom management and enterprise networks, SS7 signaling call flow diagram.
3. Solve, Analyze and Evaluate the problems using imagination and calculation while tackling different switching and transmission problems.
No Information Yet
No Information Yet