1. Introduction and Course Overview, Overview of Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC), the Dimensions of Advertising, the Evolution of Modern Advertising, Advertising Agencies and the Media.
2. The Marketing Mix and Advertising
3. The Advertising Research Stages: advertising strategy determination, concept development and testing, testing and evaluation of advertising.
4. Media Planning and Selection: Role of media in marketing framework, defining media objectives, planning, developing media strategies, selection and scheduling.
5. Advertising Media: Above the Line Promotion: print media, electronic media, etc.
6. Promotional Techniques: Below the Line Promotion. Sponsorship and merchandising.
7. Social Networking and Online Media
8. Advertising and Society: Environmental, regulatory, and ethical issues
9. Cultural and social Influences on consumers: Demographic, psychographic, and geo-demographic targets.
10. Evaluative Research of Integrated Marketing Communication. Impact before, during and after the IMC.
Assess the IMC strategy of an existing product.
The students have to develop an IMC strategy for a new product.
This course introduces students to the management, planning, evaluation, and use of advertising and sales promotion. Specific topics include identifying promotional opportunities, corporate and brand image, advertising management, advertising design, media selection, consumer promotions, public relations and sponsorship. This course is a required course for the Marketing major. The course has a managerial orientation. Students take an analytical approach and apply advertising principles to solve “real world” problems. This course seeks to bridge the gap between advertising theory and practical application. Analytical advertising methods are examined from the managerial perspective.
Course Learning Outcomes
This course will help students:
• To understand that advertising is oriented toward building market share and increasing sales through the development of brand image and
long-run consumer loyalty.
• To analyze the many elements of an advertising campaign, it’s planning, and the execution of message strategy and media selection.
• To apply communication concepts: signs, field of experience, and meaning.
• To understand that sales promotion focuses on short-term incentives to encourage purchase or sale of a product or service. Sales
promotion is oriented toward obtaining market share and sales by immediate actions
• To achieve market leadership by creating customer satisfaction through product innovation, product quality, and customer service.
• To integrate ethical considerations into discussion of advertising topics throughout the course.
Social Networking and Online Media
Advertising and Society
Advertising and Society (Contd.)
Cultural and social Influences on consumers
Evaluative Research of Integrated Marketing Communication Part III
Evaluative Research of Integrated Marketing Communication Part II
Evaluative Research of Integrated Marketing Communication Part I
Advertising the evolution of its functional definition Part I
Advertising the evolution of its functional definition Part2
Advertising the evolution of its functional definition part 3
Identifying target markets and audience
The Advertising Industry
Marketing mix strategy
Advertising strategy Part I
Advertising strategy Part II
Print and electronic media
Merchandising and sponsorship
Book Title : Contemporary Advertising
Author : William F. Arens
Edition : 8th Edition
Publisher : McGraw-Hill International Editions
Book Title : Advertising Principles
Author : Wells, Burnett, Moriarty
Edition : 6th Edition
Publisher : Pearson/Prentice hall
No Information Yet