1. Introduction to Selling & Sales Management: Introduction, The Sales Management Process, and Total Quality Management, The Field
Sales Manager’s job.
2. Strategic Planning & Budgeting: Strategic Management Planning, Strategic Marketing Planning, Strategic Sales Force Decisions, The Sales
Budget, Quality Sales Management, And Ethical Situations.
3. Personal Selling: Basic Types of Selling Approaches, Pre-interaction Phase, The Interaction Phase, The Post interaction Phase, Ethical
Situations and Sales force Automation
4. Account Relationship Management: Organizational Purchasing Process, Buying Center, Building Relationships, Relationship Binders, And
5. Territory Management: Sales Force Productivity, Locating and Qualifying Prospects, Minimum Account Size, Account Analysis and Time
Allocation, Managing Territory Profitability, Territory Coverage, Personal Time Management, Management’s Role.
6. Recruiting and Selecting Personnel: Planning Cycle, Recruiting, Selecting Prospects, Validating the Hiring Process
7. Sales Training: Why Train Salespeople, Planning for Sales Training, Developing the Training Program, Evaluating Sales Training, Follow-
8. Organization: Organizational Principles, Specialization, Major Accounts Program, Telemarketing and Number of Salespeople.
FINAL TERM PROJECT: Final term Project on Specific Topic will be composed on following part:
1. Introduction of Organization and sales department
2. Hierarchy of department
3. Territory Management and Selling approaches
4. Customer categorization and issue handling
5. Hiring and Training Programs for Employee
6. Employee Incentive and compensation Programs
Students have to work on the above stated lines for writing and preparing presentation of their projects.
The focus of this course is on the specific skills required by the modern Sales Manager to achieve results through the efforts of the sales team - the essence of management. To broaden the appeal of selling and management of sales as a profession for marketing graduates, and to give those who opt for a mainstream marketing career an understanding of these areas, thereby making them more effective and multi-skilled marketing people.
Course Learning Outcomes
It is intended that the student will:
• Understand the role and importance of selling as an element of the marketing mix.
• Have a framework for making an effective and planned sales call in a number of different sales situations.
• Understand the impact of strategic planning on selling and sales management.
Introduction to Selling & Sales Management
part 2. Introduction to Selling & Sales Management
part 3.Introduction to Selling & Sales Management
part 4. Introduction to Selling & Sales Management
Strategic Planning & Budgeting
Account Relationship Management
2. Territory Management
Recruiting and Selecting Personnel
Book Title : Sales management, Concepts & Cases
Author : Douglas J. Dalrymple & William L. Corn
Edition : 7th Edition
Publisher : McGraw-Hill, Inc.
Book Title : Fundamentals of Sales Management
Author : Mathew Schwartz
Publisher : AMACOM
Title : Recruiting and selecting sales force
Type : Other
View Recruiting and selecting sales force
Title : Fundamentals of Sales Management
Type : Reference Book
View Fundamentals of Sales Management
Title : Sales Management: An Overview
Type : Other
View Sales Management: An Overview