• Training in Organizations: overview of training, Trends in Training, Important concept and meanings. Career opportunities in training.
• Learning & Motivation and Performance: Understanding motivation and performance, understanding learning. Aligning training design with learning process.
• Aligning training to strategy: Strategic planning, OD, Strategy and training.
• Training Need Analysis, conducting TNA for any organization. The TNA model. Approaches to TNA and design. When to conduct a TNA and its framework.
• Training Design and transfer: Developing objectives, Organizational constraints, Design theory.
• Training methods: Off-the-job training methods, On-the-job training methods, traditional and computer-based training methods, costs and benefits of each method, Choosing right methods for training according to the predefined area and objectives
• Development & Implementation of Training: Development, Implementation and Transfer of training. Major players in Training and development.
• Employee & Management Development: Employee development, Management development. Training for executive level management.
This course provides an overview of the importance of Training and Development in Human Resource Management and for the overall organization. With the changing trends in the market, organizations have recognized the significance of training and development initiatives for their employees. Students will learn the implication of the concepts of training and development in organizations.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the students will be able to:
• Explain the role of training and development in human resources management, Demonstrate the understanding of the issues in managing the training and development function and its relation to organizational strategies and corporate objectives
• Demonstrate the understanding of the training needs analysis process and write measurable training objectives incorporating expected learning outcomes for skills or attitude related training and development programs.
• Awareness of a variety of training and development methods and ability to select and use appropriate methods to design an effective learning experience, Ability to design a training program and successfully implement it.
• Understanding of issues in training evaluation and different methods available to evaluate training and development programs.
• Make recommendations regarding special training and development issues such as career paths, managing diversity, and work/life programs.
Minzberg’s Management Roles
Training Evaluation 1
Training Evaluation 2
Training Evaluation 3
Training in Organizations
Transfer of Training
Transfer of Training 1
Transfer of Training 2
Book Title : Effective Training: Systems, Strategies and Practices
Author : Blanchard, Nick P; Thacker, James W
Edition : Latest
Publisher : Pearson Education
Book Title : Employee Training and Development
Author : Noe, Ramyond. A.
Edition : Latest
Publisher : McGraw-Hill/Irwin