• Introduction to sports nutrition.
• Goals of nutritional fitness.
• Nutrition Principles and requirements applied to Fitness & Sports.
• Stress Management and Physical Fitness.
• Sports and supplements. Types and uses. Use & Misuse
• Eating Disorders in Sports
• Healthy Physical Activities and Safe Weight Management. Post exercise meal
Course Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to interpret nutritional assessment information in relation to goals and preferences and the requirements of the specific sport or exercise regimen.
To examine nutritional demands of special populations and exercise environments.
To be able to maintain a safe working environment that conforms to health and safety legislation and organizational policies
Need and importance of sports nutrition
physical activities & weight managment
Physical activity and fitness
Healthy ways to manage weight
Physical activity, Nutrition and Stress Management
Stress and Nutrition
Fats in sports
Carbohydrates in sports
Pre and post exercise meal
Book Title : Sports nutrition: enhancing athletic performance.
Author : Campbell, B.
Edition : 2013
Publisher : CRC Press.