• Textile materials
• Fabric based material
• Recycled material
• Eco friendly or organic material
• 3D and 4D models and key models
• Technical drawings
• Sculptures and furniture
• Installation techniques
• Market Research/ Survey
• Material constructions, flexible structures, lightweight structures, and the architectonic nature of cloth are explored in this course.
• The aim of this course is to develop product solutions through implementing design process in the area of specialization. Students will develop product ideas for their selected topic.
• Create artworks using Elements of Art (Line, Shape, Form, Value, Color, Texture, Space) and Principles of Design (Rhythm and Movement, Unity, Variety, Proportion, Pattern, Balance, Emphasis) to solve visual problems.
• Demonstrate use of various art theories and styles
• Use symbolic imagery to convey ideas.
• Create artworks incorporating the following compositional guidelines (simplicity, rule of thirds, leading lines, balance, framing).
• Develop skills/techniques necessary for effective visual communication.
• Utilize the planning process to turn a two-dimensional design into a three-dimensional sculpture.
• Identify and create low, high or sunken relief in Textiles.
• Identify and create abstract and realistic Textile sculptures.
• Identify and create organic and geometric textile sculptures.
• Discover form and meaning in textiles.
• Traditional surface embellishment techniques fused with manipulations.
• Focuses on the consideration of the constructed, pieced, and sculpted surface.
• Students explore the interpretation and invention of cloth construction, layering, sculptural surfaces, pieced and collaged surfaces, and the multiple as possibilities.
• Collecting, salvaging, and mixing materials will be involved.
Course Learning Outcomes
• Understand how to shape Textiles into 3D or 4D Art forms.
• Be inventive in their use of materials
• Be able to apply their textile skills to larger piece of their own.
• Gain confidence in their creative abilities
• Explore ideas through sketching, brainstorming, and research.
• Create original works of art that demonstrate personal visual expression and communication.
• Invent answers to visual problems
techniques of installation
Critical analysis on international textile artists
Book Title : Textile Sculptures
Author : Irene Waller
Edition : 1977
Publisher : Taplinger Publishing Company