2. Installing software in the machines.
3. Understanding interface and tools in adobe Photoshop
4. Making patterns in adobe photoshop
5. Selections and layers in adobe Photoshop
6. Advanced selections in adobe Photoshop
7. Working with brushes in adobe Photoshop
8. Introduction to pen tool
9. Mastering pen tool
10. Managing custom colour pallets
11. Custom shapes and free hand drawing in illustrator
12. Making patterns and understanding repeats
13. Digital textile design ready to print
14. Exhibition of the Products: Display
• Digital printing is by far one of the most exciting developments in the textile industry. Not only does it open up endless opportunities for customization, small run printing, prototyping and experimentation but it also puts textile printing within the budget of your average illustrator.
• This course provides students with a broad introduction into 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional Computer-Aided Design (CAD) with a focus on Textile design and Printing specific applications.
• Students will learn how to use industry-leading CAD software programs (Adobe Photoshop CS6 and Adobe Illustrator CS6) to make textile prints and patterns.
• Digital textile printing can reproduce unlimited colors and shades but - as with most forms of printing - what you see on screen is not necessarily what you get back, so it require to develop expertise in understanding colours.
Course Learning Outcomes
At the end of this course students will know how to:
• Use basic selection tools and edge refinement to isolate and edit parts of an image.
• Manipulate layers through ordering, positioning, scaling, rotation, and adjustments.
• Create composite images that demonstrate advanced selection and layering techniques.
• Apply painted masks, selection-based masks, gradient masks, and blend modes to create sophisticated image effects.
• Create adjustment layers for editable, non-destructive changes to image coloration and exposure.
• Set and modify typography using the full range of type tools, the Character panel, and the Paragraph panel.
• Apply special effects to typography using masks, paths, and layer styles.
• Use preset brushes and custom brushes to colorize images, enhance images, and build illustrations.
• Stylize images by combining filters with blending and masks.
• Evaluate and correct image imperfections using the Info panel, adjustment layers, and retouching tools.
• Make textile prints and patterns
• Preparing print ready files for textile designs.
To know about what is computer aided design (CAD) and its uses
How to install software in computers and laptops
Understanding interface and tools in adobe Photoshop
Making patterns in adobe photoshop
custom shapes in adobe Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop Tools
Book Title : Cad in Clothing and Textiles
Author : Winifred Aldrich
Edition : 2 Edition
Publisher : Blackwell
Book Title : Adobe Photoshop CC
Author : Adobe Photoshop
Book Title : Adobe Photoshop ELEMENTS for Textile Design
Author : Frederick L Chipkin
Edition : 2010
Publisher : Frederick L Chipkin
Book Title : Fashion Computing: Design Techniques and CAD
Author : Sandra Burke
Edition : 2006
Publisher : Burke Publishing