Classification of colours
Colour Harmonies from Color wheel
Monochromatic (tints and shades)
Mixing colours (cool &warm colour)
Emotional responses of warm and cool colors (from Color wheel)
Collage theme: Human emotions (happiness, sadness, busy, noisy space formulation through colors)
Psychological effects of colour in an interior space
Personal colour schemes complimenting the interior space
Color theory with practical modules would be helpful for the students to understand and implement different color schemes in Interior Design. The Students will be able to learn how to identify fundamental colour concepts including tints and shades, hues, saturation, value, intensity which will enhance the aesthetics of a given space.
Course Learning Outcomes
Students will develop:
• An understanding of color theory, its terminology and application in interior design.
• Understanding of color trends, research methods and their application to interior design.
• Increased understanding of color principles, standards, and measurement in relation to the interior design
• Acquire knowledge and vocabulary of the color wheel and the visible light spectrum.
• Understand the three characteristics of color: hue, value, and intensity for the creation of different color combinations in their design assignments as well as in their practical life.
• Formulate a range of color schemes.
• Learning of Psychological properties of color and their effects in an interior space.
How to use color wheel
Basics of color theory
basics of color theory
warm and cool colors
Book Title : The complete color harmony
Author : Bride M. Whelan
Edition : 2004
Publisher : Rockport Publishers
Book Title : color theory
Author : patti mollica
Edition : 2013
Publisher : walter foster publisher
Book Title : color
Author : Edith anderson
Edition : 2nd
Publisher : lawrence king