The course is divided in two sections; one is to explore and practice advanced features software Autodesk Revit and the second is to Autodesk 3D Studio Max in which the detailed modeling commands enables students to model an architectural project and is a go-to for Real-Time Architectural Renderings in both exterior and interior environments. This course will be sufficient in equipping students to convey their designs in terms of detailed final Image Renders. Hence, the most important part of the subject is the Visual Communication Skills using Modern Digitized Mediums in order to achieve more in less time, as the results are way more realistic than manual presentations.
The skills of an Architect in Digital Architectural Graphics highly are the much demanded in the industry, in order to efficiently present the designed solutions to the client or any other audience. The much efficient Softwares like Autodesk Revit make it easier now to not only present the 3D images of a project but also help in most technical aspects e.g., BIM, MEP, and Energy Analysis of a built space. For that reason, now it has become quite essential to make students try their hands in these softwares and through extensive practice, become capable enough to take up field projects and present their designs in the form of intricate graphic models and real-time rendered images.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. The main objective is to expose student to the Architectural Digital Presentation that can effectively communicate with the technicality of working or detailed architectural drawings, as well as with the depth of 3D spaces.
2. To generate the 2D orthographic views i.e., floor plans, elevations, sectionals and to visualize it in the 3D relationship of spaces through different perspectives, axonometric and oblique.
3. Tools to help in analyzing the designed solution in the details like Materials and Finishes textures, colors, and their overall final look.
4. To make them incorporate the design amendments in just one-time changing in the 3D model and to help the change in all the drawings at the same time.
5. It would make capable to actually understand the challenges of real-time construction through virtual construction of details in the software. The construction details that may not be possible or would be a challenge on site do not get modeled in Autodesk Revit.
6. To get to know short-cut keys in order to save time and efficiently complete the design details in the digital medium.
7. The understanding of relationship of spaces from the very initial boxes to the intricate architectural detailing.
8. To help students analyze their building design with the outdoor environments within the premises as well as in its surrounding context.
9. To figure out the importance of the continuity of architectural drawings in the set required for real-time construction and the overall composition and presentation of the project.
10. Generate a final set of Architectural Drawings including, lighting, services, structural plans along with 3D perspectives.
11. To incorporate modern and latest treatments e.g., Smart Facades and Fabricated facades and to analyze their impacts in the design.
AUTODESK® REVIT® 2017 for ARCHITECTURE by Eric Wing
Architectural Rendering with 3ds Max and VRay: Photorealistic Visualization by Markus Kuhlo and Enrico Eggert
i. Architectural Rendering with 3ds Max and V-Ray: Photorealistic Visualization by Markus Kuhlo and Enrico Eggert
Google Classroom code: r5g7vox
Book Title : AUTODESK® REVIT® 2017 for ARCHITECTURE by Eric Wing
Author : Eric Wing
Edition : 2017
Publisher : AutoDesk