The course will cover the aspects of software quality management including total quality management (TQM), quality management activities including quality assurance, quality planning and quality control, process based quality, quality assurance and standards, approaches to software quality, product and process standards, software process improvement (SPI), quality models, GQM approach, cost of quality, cost of repair, software metrics including measurement, metrics and its indicators, process metrics, product metrics and quality metrics.
• Measurement of software products
• Measurement of software processes
• Software quality
The course is aimed to develop students‘ software cost estimation skills using industry standards.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
• Understand and apply the software engineering economic fundamentals to real-world software economic issues.
• Illustrate through examples the key software lifecycle economics, including product and process aspects portfolios; proposals; investment decisions; pricing and costing, and earned value management (EVM).
• Relate and interpret the “good-enough” principle; friction-free economy; ecosystems, leveragepoint modeling, and outsourcing.
• Use best-practice economic analysis methods.
• Apply the concepts of risk and uncertainty to real world software development projects, including goals; estimates; prioritization and decision making.
No Information Yet
Book Title : Software Metrics: A Rigorous and Practical Approach
Edition : 2nd ed
Book Title : Metrics and Models in Software Quality Engineering
Author : N.E. Fenton and S.L. Pfleeger
Edition : 2nd ed
Publisher : PWS Publishing
Book Title : Software Metrics: A Guide to Planning, Analysis, and Application
Author : Stephen H. Kan
Publisher : Addison-Wesley
Book Title : Goal/Question/Metric Method: A Practical Guide for Quality Improvement of Software Development
Author : C. Ravindranath Pandian
Publisher : Auerbach Publications, CRC Press Company
Book Title : CMMI and Project Quality Management
Book Title : Software Quality Assurance: Best Practices, Tools and Techniques for Software Developers
Author : Chemuturi, Murali
Publisher : J.Ross Publishing