Software quality assurance (SQA) consists of a means of monitoring the software engineering processes and methods used to ensure quality. SQA encompasses the entire software development process, which includes processes such as requirements definition, software design, coding, source code control, code reviews, change management, testing, release management, and product integration. SQA is organized into goals, commitments, abilities, activities, measurements, and verifications.
The course aims to provide students with the knowledge and techniques of professional practices, techniques and quality standards.
Course Learning Outcomes
The students will be able to:
• Understand importance of quality assurance practices and standards.
• Understand quality assurance practices at organizational level
• Understand quality assurance practices at software development level
• Understand the differences among quality standards
• Understand how to ensure and control quality in software development life cycle
• Understand how to conduct formal technical reviews
Book Title : Mastering Software Quality Assurance Best Practices, Tools and Techniques for Software Developers
Author : Murali Chemuturi
Book Title : Software Quality Assurance: Principles and Practice
Author : Nina S. Godbole
Publisher : Alpha Science
Book Title : Software Quality Engineering: Testing, Quality Assurance, and Quantifiable Improvement
Author : Jeff Tian
Publisher : John Wiley & Sons
Book Title : Software Testing in the Real World: Improving the Process
Author : Kit, Edward
Publisher : Addison & Wesley