• Nature of Strategic Management
• Strategy Formulation
• The Business Vision and Mission
• The External Assessment
• The Internal Assessment
• Strategies in Action
• Strategy Analysis and Choice
• Strategy Implementation, Implementing Strategies: Management and Operations Issues
• Strategy Evaluation, Strategy Review, Evaluation, and Control
• Key Strategic Management Topics, Business Ethics/ Social Responsibility /Environmental Sustainability.
The objective of this course is to investigate the role of strategy in achieving organizational success in commercial environments. It examines the nature of organizational objectives, capabilities and strategies and, in particular, the role of corporate and business strategies as determinants of superior performance. Students use all the knowledge acquired from prior business courses, coupled with new strategic-management techniques learned, to chart the future direction of different organizations. This course also addresses corporate social responsibility in strategic management.
Course Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this course students will be able to:
• Analyse and evaluate an organization in its context from a strategic perspective.
• Determine appropriate strategic directions for an organization; define and recommend a course of action that is consistent with the recommended strategic direction.
Ch 1 Nature of Strategic Management
The Internal Factors
Internal Factor Evaluation
The External Assessment
Internal Assessment- Finance and accounting
Strategy Formulation Framework
Grand Strategy Matrix
Strategy Review, Evaluation and Control
Book Title : Strategic Management- Concept and Cases
Author : Fred R. David
Edition : 13th Edition
Publisher : Pearson
Book Title : Strategic Management: Thinking, Analysis, Action
Author : Hubbard, G and P Beamish
Edition : 4th Edition
Publisher : Pearson Australia
Book Title : Strategic Management and Business Policy
Author : Thomas L. Wheelen J. David Hunger Alan N. Hoffman and Charles E. Bamford
Edition : 14th
Publisher : Pearson Education, Inc.