• Introduction to textile fiber and fabric
• Classification of fiber
• Yarn numbering
• On-loom assignment: Creating rhythm in the stripes with the help of colored yarn and creation of different effects using black, hue, white, and neutral colored yarn in the filling
Step- 1 Wrapping: Creating different effects by using colored yarns
Step-2 Making of warp on warp bed.
Step -3 Reeding
Step 4 Setting warp on the loom (Heddling)
• Off loom weaving by using recycling cloth
• Tapestry Weave
• Foot looms and Ikat weave
• Construction of Susi design and other techniques (JAMDANI)
• Students are taught the knowledge of fibers usage and application of natural and synthetic fibers.
• Students understand the influence of weaves on fabric formation.
• Students understand the effects of weaves and the area of use of different weaves.
• They develop understanding of weaving machines, their classification and comparison.
• Students learn different techniques of fabric manufacturing and identification of fabric details. They also understand the weaving mill setup.
• Visit to Cottage Industry of Looms is important to gain knowledge.
Course Learning Outcomes
• Creating rhythm in vertical stripes with the help of colored yarn
• Learning of making of warp with colored yarns
• Learning of time management
• Understanding of count system of yarns, differentiating thick and thin, single and double yarns
• Learning different knots which we use in textile industry
Variation of twill weave Zigzag weaves Setting the loom for twill weave making harness on the loom using 6 frames
Making tartans with staple dyed yarn
Construction of jamdani motifs on the warp
Setting the warp and knotting the warp, dyeing the warp
By using tapestry weave (weft face) make the assigned scenery on frame loom
To explore other ways of weaving through off loom technique
taking the yarns from the eyelets and passing them from the dents of the reed
Book Title : Grammar of Textile Design
Author : H.Nisbet
Edition : third edition
Publisher : Textile Technologies and Consultants