• Introduction to channels in adobe Photoshop
• Advanced channels in adobe Photoshop
• Free hand drawing in adobe Photoshop
• Digital painting in adobe Photoshop
• Advanced digital painting in adobe Photoshop
• Speed painting
• Customize brushes, shapes and textures
• Mixing different medium and techniques
• Create FloroTypo, Ink in water, Marble surfaces and other such techniques and effects
• Delivering print ready files
• Practicing further expertise in software and digital print.
• Exhibition of the Products: Display
• This course will provide the students with the skills and knowledge related to the role of CAD within the program stream.
• This will include Textile Design and Technology; Fashion and Apparel Design and Technology; and construction of Textile repeatable designs on computer using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
• Focus is placed on design and color techniques for textile design using digital medium. Using Adobe Photoshop, the students scan images and create original designs, repeats, colour ways and coordinates targeting specific markets.
• The emphasis is on a creative use of the software, on imparting awareness about industry trends and on the development of an original portfolio of digitally produced designs.
• Early section provides a strong foundation in the commands and capabilities of the program while the later sections offer application exercises that develop skills in fashion designing, and presentation techniques.
• Available with step by step instructions & assignments which are evaluated by instructors, this course emphasizes the creative process and explores the capabilities of this powerful program as related to Textile & Patterns
• Practical experience will depend on your selected stream and may encompass CAD systems for concept/mood boards development, woven and knitted fabric design and development, garment design and development, 3-D draping and design specification.
Course Learning Outcomes
The students will study how to:
• Use advanced selection tools and edge refinement to isolate and edit parts of an image.
• Understand how channels work in Photoshop; Master channel making for unique as well as standard colours
• Master skills in Making custome Brushes for Digital Painting.
• Develop skills in digital Painting techniques by using Pen and Tablets.
• Create composite images that demonstrate advanced selection and layering techniques.
• Make Advanced textile prints and patterns; Mix different medium and techniques.
• Deliver print ready files for textile designs; Enhance further expertise in software and digital print.
• The role of CAD/CAM systems in textile and apparel supply chain “From concept and sketch to market”
• Industry specific CAD systems (print design, weave/knit design, sketching/illustration, digitizing, grading, marker making, pattern design, 3D imaging, texture mapping, body measurement, specification management, supply chain management, virtual merchandising etc)
• The ways of design, development and manufacturing.
• Digital communication and information applications used in Textile Technology, Fashion Technology.
• Problem solve effectively in a fashion and textiles enterprise.
• Apply analytical decision making techniques in a fashion and textiles environment.
• Apply sustainable practices related to fashion and textiles issues
Step by step revision
Tutorial for Photoshop
How To Design Company Profile Template
Photoshop Playbook: How to use Filters in Photoshop (and which not to use)
Adobe Photoshop Tutorial: EVERY Tool in the Toolbar Explained and Demonstrated
Layers for Beginners | Photoshop CC Tutorial
Photoshop CC tutorial: Introducing the Filter Gallery
Book Title : Kevin, Tallon Digital Fashion Illustration with Photoshop and Illustrator
Author : Batsford
Edition : 2009
Publisher : Om Books International
Book Title : Adobe Photoshop ELEMENTS for Textile Design
Author : Frederick L Chipkin
Edition : 2010
Publisher : Frederick L Chipkin
Book Title : CAD in Clothing and Textiles: A Collection of Expert Views
Author : Winifred Aldrich
Edition : Originally published: 1992
Book Title : Adobe Photoshop for Textile Design
Author : Frederick L Chipkin
Book Title : Patterns - Inside the Design Library
Author : Peter Koepke
Book Title : Advanced Adobe Photoshop CS6 Revealed
Author : Chris Botello