• Plant Tissue Culture: Introduction-Plant tissue culture, Culture types, Plant regeneration, Integration of plant tissue culture into plant transformation protocol.
• Molecular markers technology and its applications: Types of genetic markers. Molecular Marker technology. Applications of molecular marker technology. Analysis of molecular Markers.
• Techniques for Plant Transformation: Agrobacterium-mediated gene transfer, The Ti plasmid, the process of T-DNA transfer and integration, Practical applications of Agrobacterium-mediated plant transformation, Transformation, Direct gene-transfer methods.
• Vectors for Plant Transfromation: Desirable features of any plasmid vector, Development of plant transformation vectors, Basic features of vectors for plant transformation, Optimization, Clean-gene technology.
• The Genetic Manipulation of Herbicide Tolerance: The use of herbicides in modern agriculture, Strategies for engineering herbicide tolerance, The environmental impact of herbicide-tolerant crops.
• The Genetic Manipulation of Pest Resistance: The nature and scale of insect pest damage to crops, GM strategies for insect resistance: the Bacillus thruringiensis approach, The Copy Nature strategy, Insect-resistant crops and food safety.
• Plant Disease Resistance: Plant-pathogen interactions, Existing approaches to combating disease, Natural disease-resistance pathways: overlap between pests and diseases, Biotechnological approaches to disease resistance, Developments for the future.
• Reducing the Effects of Viral Disease: Types of plant virus, Entry and replication: points of inhibition, how has the agricultural community dealt with viruses, The transgenic approach: PDR, Some non-PDR approaches, What has been commercialized in Western agriculture?
• Strategies for Engineering Stress Tolerance: The nature of abiotic stress, The nature of water-deficit stress, Targeted approaches to manipulating tolerance to specific water-deficit stresses, Secondary effects of abiotic stress: The production of ROS.
Plant Tissue Culture
Plant Tissue Culture history
Plant Tissue Culture Techniques
Book Title : Plant Biotechnology
Author : Adrian,Slater, Nigel W. Scott and Mark R Fowler
Edition : 2018
Publisher : Oford University Press